adrian belew jerry harrison tour: Jerry Harrison, a founding member of Talking Heads, will tour North America in 2023 in support of Remain In Light alongside Adrian Belew, who was a member of the group for a brief period in the 1980s.
Beginning in February, the 19-date tour will stop in places like Colorado, Oklahoma, Chicago, New York, Toronto, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston, and more. Cool Cool Cool, a band made up of former members of the defunct New York band Turkuaz, will be the supporting act for the tour. Below is the whole itinerary, and on Friday, November 4th, tickets will go on sale.
The bands’ performances on each leg of the tour will include the entirety of Talking Heads’ 1980 masterwork Remain In Light in addition to a few other companion classics. Due to demand, the duo will returning after touring with Turkuaz in 2020 to commemorate Remain In Light’s 40th anniversary.
In a statement released along with the new news, Harrison remarked, “Remain In Light represents a high moment in my career.” The enchantment of the 1980 tour and the utter delight it offered to audiences were topics Adrian and I frequently discussed.
According to Belew’s own statement, the next tour would include “a sizzling, eleven-piece ensemble including Jerry and me doing a happy presentation of Talking Heads songs you know and love.” “You can’t help but dance,” he said, “and go home with a grin on your face.”
The classic from 1980 was the trio’s final album in association with Brian Eno and represented the development of Talking Heads’ early post-punk style that was mixed with funk. ‘Once in a Lifetime,’ ‘Houses in Motion,’ ‘Crosseyed and Painless,’ ‘The Great Curve,’ and ‘Born Under Punches’ are among the album’s tantalizing tracks.
Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew’s 2023 Remain In Light tour dates:
- Thursday 16th – Denver CO, Ogden Theatre
- Friday 17th – Boulder CO, Boulder Theater
- Saturday 18th – Beaver Creek CO, Vilar Performing Arts Center
- Tuesday 21st – Oklahoma City OK, Tower Theatre
- Wednesday 22nd – St. Louis MO, Factory
- Friday 24th – Minneapolis MN, First Avenue
- Saturday 25th – Chicago IL, Vic Theatre
- Sunday 26th – Indianapolis IN, Egyptian Room
- Monday 27th – Akron OH, Goodyear Theater
- Tuesday 28th – Buffalo NY, Town Ballroom
- Thursday 2nd – Toronto ON, Danforth Music Hall
- Friday 3rd – Pittsburgh PA, Roxian Theatre
- Saturday 4th – Baltimore MD, Rams Head Live
- Sunday 5th – Sayreville NJ, Starland Ballroom
- Tuesday 7th – Philadelphia PA, Keswick Theatre
- Wednesday 8th – Albany NY, Empire Live
- Thursday 9th – New York NY, Sony Hall
- Friday 10th– Boston MA, House of Blues
- Saturday 11th – New Haven CT, College Street Music Hall